Monday, October 5, 2009

New England Trans United March and Rally Pictures

I just got home from the New England Trans United March and Rally. It was good to see some old friends and make some new. There was a good turn out for the parade and rally even in spite of the rain and drizzle.

The big thought that kept going through my head through out the rally is: This is so much more than our civil rights and social justice right now, it's about our core needs, housing and employment discrimination, appropriate medical care, and our general safety. I feel that in our advocacy we get so caught up in the civil rights and social justice aspect and loose sight of the fact that our biggest need right now is our core needs.

I posted my pictures of the event here:

New England Trans United March and Rally Pictures

I would have more pictures but forgot to empty the memory card on my camera.

No comments: